Lets just sat I took the summer off. Period. :)
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.3. In the large bowl combine the butter and the sugar. Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4. In the meantime, let your toddler mix around your flour mixture.....
.... and grate up the zest of one lemon.
5. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until incorporated.
6. Add the ricotta cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Beat to combine.
Your batter will look curdy.... don't worry about it.
7. Stir in the dry ingredients just until incorporated.
8. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spoon the dough (about 2 tablespoons for each cookie) onto the baking sheets.
I got about 30 cookies.
9. Bake for 15 minutes, until slightly golden at the edges. Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 20 minutes.
10. Now you can optionally make the glaze to pour on top of the cookies or simply dust the top with powdered sugar if your not into glaze. To make the glaze you need the zest and juice of one lemon, plus 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar. Just mix it all together.
11. And pour about 1/2 teaspoon on each one letting it drip to the sides. I like to put the parchment paper I used to bake the cookies on underneath, that way whatever drips off can be on the paper that I can just toss.
You also need to let the glaze harden a bit before serving. Enjoy.