I don't have anything to say except that this dish involves pasta, chicken and veggies. Have I said enough??? The Cajun makes it spicy. Yum!!!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Adapted from Pioneer Woman
Here is what you will need:
2 large whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut Into Cubes
2 teaspoons Cajun Spice Mix, More To Taste
1 pound pasta (Fettuccine preferred)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
1/2 Green Bell Pepper, Seeded And Sliced
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Sliced
½ whole Large Red Onion, Sliced
2 cloves Garlic, Minced
2 whole Roma Tomatoes, Diced
1 can (14.5oz) Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1/4 cups White Wine
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
Cayenne Pepper To Taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Salt To Taste
Chopped Fresh Parsley, To Taste1. Cut up chicken into cube size pieces. Sprinkle 1 teaspoons Cajun spice over chicken pieces. Toss around to coat.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil and start cooking the pasta as package directions.
3.Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a heavy skillet over high heat.
4. Add half the chicken in a single layer; do not stir. Allow chicken to brown on one side, about 1 minute.
Flip to the other side and cook an additional minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a clean plate.
5. In the meantime, slice your peppers if you haven't already done so....and your onion....
and dice your tomatoes....
...and mince your garlic.
6. By now your chicken should be done. Add remaining olive oil and butter to the same pan you fried the chicken in.
7. When heated, add peppers, onions, and garlic. Sprinkle on remaining Cajun spice, and add salt if needed. Cook over very high heat for 1 minute, stirring gently and trying to get the vegetables as dark/black as possible.8. Add tomatoes and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
9. Remove all vegetables from the pan.
10. With the pan over high heat, pour in the wine and chicken broth. Cook on high for 3 to 5 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze.
11. Reduce heat to medium-low and pour in cream, stirring constantly. Cook sauce over medium-low heat for a few minutes, until cream starts to thicken the mixture.
11. In the meantime, chop up some fresh parsley.
12. Back to the sauce.... Taste and add freshly ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, and/or salt to taste. Sauce should be spicy!
13.Finally, add chicken and vegetables to sauce, making sure to include all the juices that have drained onto the plate. ... I added some more pepper...
14. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture is bubbly and hot.
15. Now, add drained fettuccine and toss to combine.
16. Finally, top with chopped fresh parsley and dig right in.