When I first heard of teacakes, being a huge.... and I really mean HUGE fan of good tea, I knew right off it was something that I needed to.... had to make. At first I thought that the dried apricots would make them dry.. but no!!! These were amazing.... and it was the first thing that I made Helen's site: Tartellete. This lady is amazing. She not only has good recipes but her pictures are AMAZING..... Check her blog out sometime. Anyways, go make yourself a pot, yes, an entire pot of tea because you will need lots of tea to have with these TEACAKES.
Adapted from Helen @ Tartellete
Although the recipe says they make 12, I chose to make only 9 as I felt that any more would have been too thin....
This is what you'll need:
1/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup dried apricot halves, diced
2. In the stand of an electric mixer or hand-held mixer whip together the sugar and the eggs about 4 minutes or until lemon-colored.
3. Add the sour cream and the melted and cooled butter, mix well at medium speed
4. Add the flour and mix just until incorporated.
5. Add the diced dried apricots and mix until incorporated.
6. Fill between 8-10 "muffin spots" in the greased muffin pan depending on how think or thin you would like your teacakes.
7. Bake at 350F for 20-22 minutes.
8. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and take out with the help of a fork. (I had to insert the fork around the sides first to let loose.)